martes, agosto 23, 2011

Còmo entrena Alistair ( y Jonathan) Brownlee



Road to 2012: Changing Pace - Alistair and Jonathan Brownlee


http://roadto2012.npg.org.uk/timeline





Posted by BT Life Newsdesk

August 17th 2011 at 9:40


London 2012: Triathlon champion Alistair Brownlee talks


In the second of our London 2012 series, 2010 European Triathlon Champion and 2009 World Triathlon Champion Alistair Brownlee talks to us about his training regime and preparing for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games…

For the last four weeks I’ve been on an altitude training camp in St Moritz in Switzerland, one of my favorite places to train. The first couple of weeks I struggled in the heat and got rather sunburnt, but more recently it’s been much colder and rainy. Bad weather just makes it that bit more difficult to mentally get on with the job, but being amongst others on camp spurs you on.

Summer training is always more preferable, not only is the weather generally kinder but the mornings are lighter which makes it easier to kick start the day. I keep in mind my goals and any upcoming races which also helps me stick to a routine. In the winter it is that much harder because of the miserable gloomy weather but there isn’t really any other option, you just need to get on with the training. My brother Jonathan, also a triathlete, is great to have around and we encourage each other.
Favourite sessions

My favorite training session is probably a long, easy run, I find swimming that much harder because it’s very repetitive, up and down the pool. When I’m out running I can take everything in around me, I prefer being outside.

My routine is generally around 30 to 35 hours of training a week which varies between running and cycling which I do every day, and swimming where I try to do five sessions a week. Because of the intensity of my training I try and see my physio once a week. I do my best to look after my body and over the years I’ve learnt how my body works and what it can cope with. I think the key is to keep everything consistent, going mad and changing your training patterns on a frequent basis is dangerous.
Measuring fitness

In terms of measuring the effects of my training and levels of fitness, I don’t have any specific tests that I use but I do go with how I feel, and I’m quite flexible in that regard. The races are my measure of how well I am training.

I don’t believe that diet and nutrition are as important as my physical training but I do my best to eat well and in large quantities to keep my calorie intake up as I burn so many during training. Of course it can be difficult with the cost of food, I’ve noticed here in St Moritz that it’s quite difficult to eat well on a budget; it’s definitely something I have to consider.
Beyond training

I’m currently finishing off a part time Masters in Finance (at Leeds Met University). I wanted to continue my education and develop a career alongside my sporting career; I feel it’s important to have something else to focus on other than my training. It’s definitely helped me learn to manage my time and hopefully has made me a more rounded person.

Every race is important and after a competition it can be quite difficult to cope with the immediate high and then on occasion, the low that follows. I try to get back into my routine as quickly as possible, at the very most allowing myself a couple of days rest. I guess my main focus at the moment is on qualification for London 2012 which is very important to me.
Dealing with the unexpected

Triathlon is a very unpredictable sport and anything can go wrong for any one of the competitors. It’s really important to be able to react to pressure.

After my puncture in Spain at the European Championship I just had to get on with it. To go on and win the race was one of my proudest moments.

You’re surrounded by your competition at the end of the day and you just have to go with the flow, hence why I don’t like to have a plan set in stone for any of my races, just to do the best I can with the circumstances on the day.

Over the past few years the profile of triathlon has been raised and participation has grown massively which is of course great, especially ahead of London 2012. For anyone starting out I would just say enjoy it, as long as you’re interested and willing to try your best that’s great.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-



Alistair
Conoce al genial triatleta británico

Alistair Brownlee: "Mi entrenamiento sólo lo mido a través de mis sensaciones"

En las últimas cuatro semanas he estado en un campo de entrenamiento de altitud en St Moritz, en Suiza, uno de mis lugares favoritos para entrenar. La verdad es que he vivido dos semanas de mucho calor y las dos últimos con frío y lluvia. El mal tiempo no invita tanto a entrenar pero te hace ser más fuerte mentalmente para hacerlo.

Para cualquier deportista es mejor entrenar en verano, cuesta menos hacerlo con un clima más amable y favorable y cuesta menos arrancar por las mañanas. En el invierno es mucho más difícil pero no te queda otra opción, sólo tienes que seguir adelante. Lo bueno es que entreno con mi hermano Jonathan y nos animamos el uno al otro.

Sesiones favoritas

Mi sesión de entrenamiento favorito es, probablemente, una carrera larga, fácil, mientras que nadar mucho es más difícil porque es muy repetitivo siempre arriba y abajo de la piscina. Si hay que elegir está claro que prefiero todo lo que sea al aire libre.

Mi rutina es generalmente alrededor de 30 a 35 horas semanales de entrenamiento, que varía entre el atletismo o el ciclismo, que hago todos los días, y la natación en el que trato de hacer cinco sesiones a la semana. Debido a la intensidad de mi entrenamiento voy al menos una vez a mi fisio cada semana. Hago lo que puedo para cuidar mi cuerpo y con los años he aprendido cómo funciona mi cuerpo y cómo puedo hacer frente a sus necesidades. Creo que la clave es mantener ciertas rutinas, volverse loco y cambiar los patrones de entrenamiento de manera frecuente es peligroso.

Después de cada carrera intento volver a mi rutina rápidamente y por eso sólo me permito un par de días de descanso porque hay un objetivo por delante que es Londres 2012 y no puedo despistarme.

La medición del estado de forma

En cuanto a la medición de los efectos de mi entrenamientos y los niveles de condición física, no tengo ninguna manera de medirlo, es más bien por sensaciones. Sé cuando me encuentro en forma sin necesidad de medirlo de alguna manera técnica.

No creo que la dieta y la nutrición sea tan importante como mi entrenamiento físico, pero hago todo lo posible para comer bien y en grandes cantidades para mantener la ingesta de calorías a en la medida que se quema en el entrenamiento. Lo que sí me está pasando en Saint Moritz es que no es fácil comer bien sin gastar un alto presupuesto así que es complicado pero me organiza como mejor puedo.

Más allá del entrenamiento

Fuera del triatlón, actualmente estoy terminando una máster a distancia en Finanzas (en Leeds Met University). Siempe he querido continuar mi educación y desarrollar una carrera paralela a mi carrera deportiva, creo que es importante tener algo más que centrarse además del entrenamiento. Creo que hay que administrar en el tiempo y aprovecharlo con más cosas que no sólo el triatlón.

Tratar con lo inesperado

El triatlón es un deporte muy impredecible y puede salir mal cualquier cosa para cualquiera en un momento inesperado. Es muy importante ser capaz de reaccionar ante la presión cuando llegan mal dadas.

Por ejemplo, después de mi pinchazo en Madrid me pasó .Pude seguir adelante y ganar la carrera y fue una de mis mejores momentos en la alta competición.

Reconozco que no suelo planear las carreras sino que actúo según me siento en cada competición y a partir de ahí lo doy todo.

http://www.btlife.bt.com

No hay comentarios: