sábado, marzo 10, 2012

Principles of Natural Running

Natural running is best shown barefoot! New Video — “The Principles of Natural Running”

Instructional video on natural running, by Dr. Mark Cucuzzella, Director of the Natural Running Center. http://naturalrunningcenter.com Thank you to all who have helped me learn.

Posted on 06 March 2012

For the past 12 years, I have dissected and modified hundreds of pairs of shoes, taught running form clinics around the country, opened a minimalist store in my home town of Shepherdstown, West Virginia, directed races (from 5K fun runs to marathons), got local children excited about running, and most importantly listened with all my senses –starting with my bare soles –as I developed into a healthier and stronger runner.

Yet unless runners understand the important principles of the gait cycle, or running movement, it can be difficult to know how to make the personal (and go-it-slow, gradual) adaptation to natural running.

Still, it bears mentioning: natural running is not a brand or specific method, but rather what humans have done for millions of years.Although this video might appear technical in a few places, the information can be easily learned for all runners. Also included in the video are some simple drills that will help you run natural. Feel free to share this video with others!

I want to especially thank all who have helped me on my journey as a runner and teacher. Many are mentioned in the credits. This list is in no way all inclusive as I learn something everyday from runners and colleagues.

P.S. A free full-color downloadable PDF version of the text, my narration, and still photos from the video will be available in a few weeks to all Natural Runner Center subscribers! If you aren’t yet a subscriber to the NRC, please go here– and you you will also receive a free copy of our 72-page booklet “Injury-Free Running.

http://naturalrunningcenter.com/2012/03/06/video-the-principles-natural-running/ anteriormente en mi blog...

http://ceciliobenito.blogspot.com/2012/01/barefoot-running-style.html

No hay comentarios: