jueves, marzo 11, 2010

loeka for ladies


About Us
Rory and Coreena

The story of Loeka began in the spring of 2005. It started from many complaints by Coreena (one half of Loeka), based on the frustrations that the mountain bike industry was lacking stylish, fitted, comfortable, sexy clothes for women. With that in mind, Loeka was born. Well it wasn't quite that easy, but that's the shortened version.

We officially launched at Interbike 2006. Since the first show, the brand has grown into a full line of clothing that is suitable for all sorts of outdoor activities. It's been a great couple of years, with many ups and downs, but that's the reality of any small business. We have a great group of girls behind us that help us develop the line each and every year, so we're thankful for our amazing team.

With the development of Loeka came one of our philosophies that just because we like to play in the dirt, doesn't mean we can't do it wearing stylish clothing. I'm sure most of the ladies who ride understand the many frustrations with wearing jerseys that are way too big, too long and not very attractive. So we decided to start designing for the ladies, so they can now ride in style and feel good in their riding clothes. We're always looking for new ideas, so feel free to send us your ideas at info@loeka.com

Philosophy:

Loeka is not just another clothing manufacturer, we are riders ourselves who believe in the philosophy that riding your bike is a great way to socialize, get some great exercise and clear your head. We created Loeka not only to design great clothing for women but also to help build a strong community of female riders from beginners to professionals by encouraging more and more females to try/take up cycling. Not just for health reasons but for the camaraderie, the friendship, the lifetime of great stories, the excitement and the community of riders, female and male, that reside around the world who already reap the rewards that biking brings to each one of those individuals. We want to bring, expose and share those feelings with as many women as we can.

Concept behind the fit:

Loeka Clothing Fit The fit of Loeka's clothing has been designed specifically for a women's body shape, and we are not just saying that. All the clothing has to pass the team's strict fit test. The jerseys are slightly widened in the shoulders to accommodate armour yet still maintain a proper fit. The sides tapered to follow the natural curves of a women and the back lengthened slightly to cover the top of your shorts as everyone knows crack kills. The two styles of Loeka shorts both all mountain and free ride have taken into account a women's waist to hip ratio and hip to thigh ratio. In other words, the shorts have been designed to fit as many body styles as possible while providing comfort and style.

Rory Harmse About the owners:

Rory Harmse
Hi my name is Rory, I like be shuttled to the top of the mountain, my beer kept ice cold, and my riding clothes clean for the next day. If this sounds like something you could do just call me at 604-2. However my time is limited due to this venture, so I hope you ladies like our clothes because I've sacrificed many evenings and weekends to please you ladies. But it's been worth every minute!

I decided to join Coreena in this venture after listening to her complaints for quite sometime. We decided there was a need for a great women's clothing brand, so we created Loeka.

I bring my passion for riding, the outdoors, and great adventures to Loeka with the goal of helping other women join the sport and exceed their expectations.

Coreena Fletcher Coreena Fletcher
Hello fellow riders and friends of the riding community, I'm the other half Loeka, the better half I like to think!

I started riding a long time ago on the trails of Burnaby Mountain in B.C. with my family and friends and since then have really fallen in love with the sport and everything that comes along with it; being outside, spending time with friends, traveling to find new trails, and staying in shape.

In 1999 I started racing downhill at Big Bear in California. I raced for 2 seasons and enjoyed everything about it, especially the social aspect. After graduating from UNLV, I left the heat and headed up the I15 and fell in love with Park City, Utah. I decided that would be a great place to spend a year skiing and biking, especially with the Olympics that year. Then I finally moved back home to Vancouver, B.C. in 2002 and since then have been enjoying everything BC has to offer.

I enjoy riding all sorts of terrain, especially the trails in British Columbia and Utah. Whether its mountain biking, dirt biking or road biking I'm happy as long as I'm on a bike.

Ladies, Loeka is for you!


http://www.loeka.com/

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/News.aspx?NewsID=840&PartnerID=3137

No hay comentarios: