viernes, enero 21, 2011

miss triatleta, miss venezuela


Announcing Miss Triathlete.com 2010
Updated: Jan 21st 2011 4:01 PM EST by Competitor.com

Claudia, an avid triathlete and cancer survivor originally from Caracas, Venezuela, is the winner!


Claudia was originally chosen as the August winner of the monthly Triathlete.com contest.
Claudia was voted as the August monthly winner and faced off against the four other finalists for the title of Miss Triathlete.com 2010. The editors chose Claudia for her passion for the sport, inspiring story and beauty. She will be featured in Triathlete’s annual swimsuit photo shoot and will also receive $500 in merchandise from TYR.

Claudia will join a crew of swimsuit models, photographers and editors as they travel to Kona, Hawaii for the 2011 Triathlete magazine swimsuit shoot.

“After years of reading Triathlete magazine, I am thrilled and honored to be included in the swimsuit issue,” Claudia said when she was informed of her win. “What a great way to kick off my Ironman Canada training.”

This year’s shoot will take place at the end of February in a place full of triathlon history… Kona, Hawaii. The crew will be staying and shooting at the beautiful Mauna Lani Bay Hotel on the Kohala Coast of the Big Island.

Photographer Damien Noble Andrews of Los Angeles, Calif. will shoot Claudia and the other models on site at the hotel, as well as at many iconic Ironman World Championship course locations. The photos will be featured in the July issue of Triathlete.

http://triathlon.competitor.com/2011/01/news/announcing-miss-triathlete-com-2010_18897
.-.-.--.--.-.-
Announcing Miss Triathlete.com August
Published: Sep 1st 2010 2:08 PM EDT by Competitor.com

The winner of the Miss Triathlete.com for the month of August is Claudia, who is originally from Caracas, Venezuela! You chose Claudia with your votes. The win means that she is a finalist for the Title of Miss Triathlete.com 2010. Claudia will also get $100 to spend on the TYR gear of her choice.
The overall winner will be chosen at the end of the year and will be featured in Triathlete’s annual swimsuit photo shoot. The winner will also receive $500 in merchandise from TYR.

The other top five picks from the poll will automatically move on to contend for the title of Miss Triathlete.com September. The following entrants will move on:

2. Cheryl S.
3. Alicia F.
4. Juliet B.
5. Karlee

We chatted with Claudia, who is an avid triathlete and cancer survivor, to learn more about the personality behind the beauty:


Claudia is originally from Venezuela, but no lives in Park City, Utah.
Triathlete.com: How long have you been competing in triathlons?

Claudia: I began competing in triathlons in 2007, after surviving cancer. Confronting mortality at age 27 taught me to appreciate every day of life. Undergoing cancer treatment showed me how strong humans can be in the face of adversity. Now, I am cancer free, and I carry these experiences with me into every race, as I draw upon this previously untapped source of energy. I’m healthier, stronger and happier than ever. I’ve completed eight half Ironman triathlons (with a PR of 5:06), and I’m currently training for my first full Ironman in Arizona later this year.

Triathlete.com: What is your proudest accomplishment in the sport?Claudia: My proudest accomplishment was finishing my first half Ironman in Cancun in 2007. Seven months after my last radiation treatment, I crossed the finish line, which represented not only a great racing accomplishment, but it also symbolized my conquering of a deadly illness. With that race, I proved to myself that I was truly cancer free. Triathlons became my healing place and my passion.

Triathlete.com: What does it mean to you to move on as a finalist in the contest?
Claudia: I’m honored to be a finalist, and I hope my story might inspire those who are going through challenging times. Humans can overcome any obstacle with inspiration and perseverance.

Triathlete.com: Do you have a background in modeling?
Claudia: Yes, I was a swimsuit model during college.

Triathlete.com: What do you think you’ll spend your $100 from TYR on?
Claudia: I will buy a few more TYR swimsuits. They fit me perfectly and inspire me to always be in front!

Triathlete.com: What do you like to do for fun outside of the sport?
Claudia: When I’m not swimming, biking or running, I enjoy traveling abroad, gourmet cooking and eating herculean portions of great food!

http://triathlon.competitor.com/2010/09/news/announcing-miss-triathlete-com-august_11993

No hay comentarios: