sábado, enero 22, 2011
2011 Tour of California Biking
2011 Tour of California Biking
VIP Access & Gorgeous Coastal Riding at the Country's Largest Cycling Event
Adrenaline pumping. Pedals turning. Legs burning. It's a blur of colors, team kits, sculpted muscles. Spinning along famous Route 1 above the stunning Pacific. It's the Tour of California. And you're there. Not just witnessing the excitement up close, but tackling some of the same tough miles hours ahead of the pros. The scenery takes your breath away. Granite cliffs plunge into the ocean. Majestic redwoods hug the coastal hills. It's more amazing than you expected. So is the high-performance Specialized bike you're riding, not to mention your new gear from Castelli, Giro and Polar. And coming up is exclusive access to elite pro teams, and time with industry experts and celebrities. This Dream Rides Backroads trip really is a dream ride.
* Specialized Bike Six days of extensive test riding on premium Specialized bicycles—the Tarmac or Roubaix for men, and the women-specific Ruby or Amira for women—fitted to you
* Tackle sections of the official race course just hours ahead of the pros
* VIP access to the Stage 5 finish area and a coveted vantage point of the Time Trial in Solvang
* Rugged cliffs plunging into the deep blue Pacific: talk about stunning scenery!
* Don a new Specialized jersey
* Custom-edition Bicycling magazine kit (jersey, shorts and socks) from Castelli
* Upgrade your style on the bike with a Giro helmet, gloves and pair of sunglasses
* Track your speed, cadence and distance with a Polar CS200cad cycling computer
Dream Rides Map Larger View CLICK TO CLOSE
The Day-to-Day Itinerary
Days 1-2 Rugged cliffs plunging into the deep blue Pacific: talk about stunning scenery! Bike famous 17 Mile Drive from Monterey, passing wind-torn cypress trees, golf courses and "the greatest meeting of land and water in the world" Enchanting Carmel invites you to explore its boutiques, art galleries, cafés and beautiful 18th-century Spanish-Colonial mission Test your legs on the ascents and descents of the coast-hugging Cabrillo Highway to see what the pros will face tomorrow.
Day 3 Relish coveted VIP access to the Stage 5 finish line in Paso Robles, complete with appetizers, beer, wine and closed-circuit television coverage of the live racing action; then behold the drama unfold as the racers come in, sweaty and spent, and reconnect with their teams Savor a gorgeous day of riding along the Big Sur Coast with a steady dose of hills and staggering views—just remember to keep your eyes on the road!
Day 4 Bike the Individual Time Trial route just hours ahead of the pros, then cheer from your prime viewing spot as they blaze by The charming town of Solvang (meaning "sunny fields" in Danish) offers a delightful taste of Denmark right in California.
Days 5-6 Seaside Santa Barbara, adored for its downtown beaches, lively waterfront, thriving arts community and Spanish-Colonial Revival architecture Turn your lightweight cranks through the vineyard-laden Santa Ynez Valley before crossing the weather-worn mountains to reach the Pacific—or simply spend the day relaxing in the historic downtown Relish a morning spin through Santa Barbara's scenic neighborhoods, with narrow lanes, whitewashed walls and brilliantly hued bougainvillea.