"Cyclotron": La bicicleta del futuro que no tiene radios en sus ruedas
El modelo está fabricado en carbono, tiene un peso de 11,6 kilos y recoge toda la información del ciclista.
Cyclotron: La bicicleta del futuro que no tiene radios en sus ruedas
Martes 19, Julio 2016
El que comenzó como un proyecto en busca de financiamiento, ya está a punto de convertirse en una realidad.
Se trata del "Cyclotron", una bicicleta que espera convertirse en el nuevo transporte individual del futuro.
El modelo se destaca por su diseño, que tiene una estética futurista pero enfocado en lo funcional: posee ruedas sin radios, puede ser adaptada a la posición que el ciclista prefiera y luces LED que permiten intensificar la espectacularidad de la bicicleta, haciendola lucir muy parecida a la de la película Tron. Sin embargo, el proyecto no tiene nada que ver con la película.
El cuadro está fabricado de carbono y tiene un peso de 11,6 kilos. Además, es un modelo eléctrico que tiene autonomía para ocho horas. Lo que más sorprende a los fanáticos es la falta de radios en sus ruedas, ya que ese espacio está pensado para cargar elementos, como bolsas de supermercado.
Además, el Cyclotron trae sensores que permiten recoger toda la información del ciclista.
Tal ha sido el éxito del proyecto que ya se encuentra disponible en el sitio web su reserva, por un precio que ronda los US$ 900 (cerca de 590 mil pesos chilenos).
Spokeless Cyclotron lights the way for futuristic riders - Modern bikes are lighter and more efficient than ever before, but their basic design is rooted in the past. Cyclotron is trying to change that with a hubless carbon creation, complete with lighting fit for a sci-fi film. It's not just a different look for the sake of it, though, with Cyclotron saying its bike is versatile and smart enough to revolutionize what we expect from the humble two-wheeler.
There's a lot going on with the Cyclotron's frame, but we're going to start with the basic construction. The team behind the bike says the bike's space-grade carbon sandwich is wrapped around a lightweight core structure, allowing them to use fewer layers of carbon and less resin without impacting on the overall strength and rigidity.
The shape itself is faintly reminiscent of current time-trial bikes, albeit blockier, although the company is adamant it's been modeled on the aerodynamic form of ultralight gliders and stealth jets. Unlike your average stealth bomber, this frame can be customized with decals if you want.
Whether it's a two-wheeled Blackbird or not, there are a few other benefits to the frame design. While some manufacturers hide their cabling inside the frame, the derailleur and chain are usually exposed. That's not the case here, with the drivetrain fully enclosed and protected from the elements, although we're not sure how that setup will go when it comes time for the annual service suggested by the company.
Ditching the spokes and running with solid polymer airless tires might make for a unique design, but it also frees up some space where the spokes used to be. Cyclotron wants to use that space for cargo or children, making its bike more practical than it would otherwise be. At the moment, there are three accessories available for those utility slots, including shopping baskets and a clever snap-in child seat.
In keeping with the futuristic frame design, there's a futuristic powertrain available for this sci-fi bike. As well as more traditional 12- and 18-speed manual setups, there's a electronic sequential gearbox available. Shifting in less than 0.2 seconds, the gearbox works at standstill or under full load and can shift for itself. Electric gearbox-equipped bikes will weigh just 11.6 kg (25.57 lb), making them 100 g (3.5 oz) heavier than the manual 12-speed version, but 200 g (7 oz) lighter than the 18-speed manual.
Enough of the boring practical bits, what the story with those lights? When darkness falls, a sensor automatically activates the LED wheel halos and laser-lane display, in an attempt to make the rider easy to see on unlit streets in the dead of night. We'd say it works, too, with those Tron-style wheels being hard to miss. Power comes from an integrated lithium-ion battery good for eight hours that is charged by an inbuilt dynamo, although the battery can be charged from a wall socket as well.
All this functionality is controlled through the Cyclo App, which hooks up with the 10 Bluetooth sensors scattered around the bike. After learning your riding habits, it'll give manually geared riders up-and-downshift suggestions, while electronic geared bikes get fully automatic shifting through the app.
There's a huge amount of information available to riders, with everything from cadence and time to power, speed and calories burned can be accessed through the app. This information can be harnessed to create a training program through the Cycle Coach, but you'll need to pay €10/month (US$11) extra to unlock that function. If you're paying extra, it's probably also worth stumping €3/month (US$3.30) for GPS tracking, which allows you to find the bike if it's stolen.
The team behind Cyclotron is currently seeking funding on Kickstarter, where the project has raised more than €64,690 (US$71,500) of its €50,000 ($55,250) goal with 12 days left.
Pledges start at €1, but you'll need to stump up €899 (US$993) to get in line for the 12-speed manual bike, while €1,299 (US$1,450) is the minimum you'll pay for an 18-speed model, and €2,599 ($2875) the current asking price for the electronically geared version, although just 10 remain at that price.
The Cyclotron - The Future of Cycling
You won't see anything similar to this from another manufacturer on this planet. After more than 3 years of extensive & highly confidential development and testing, the Cyclotron is the next big step in bicycle evolution. From this point on, regular bicycles will appear like nostalgic collector's items, we believe the Cyclotron is: "The Future of Cycling".
All areas of our life are progressing and evolving very fast, new inventions appear literally every day, outdating the ones from yesterday. But looking at bicycles, they haven't evolved with nearly comparable speed within the last decades.
That's why we've created the world's most advanced and versatile Smart Bike. The Cyclotron is fully connected, packed with tons of innovative features and controlled by the powerful Cyclo-App.
miniatura de video del proyecto REPRODUCIR
The Features - Revolutionary Design & Unmatched Functionality
We believe a bicycle as a "utility" that should enable you to reach your goals. Wheather it is to get your groceries, taking your kids to the playground or simply having fun riding it.
Uncompromised & Functional Design Statement
Uncompromised & Functional Design Statement
To handle these different "tasks" we made the Cyclotron the most versatile and technically advanced bike available today. During the last years working on the Cyclotron project, we've developed a great number of ideas and solutions that make this bike truly unique. We're currently closer checking on more than 15 patents that we'll plan to file for. The Cyclotron is innovative power at it's best.
Spokeless Wheels & Utility Slots
The Cyclotron is equipped with two spokeless wheels, it is the world's first commercially available bike using this technology.
- Space for "Utility Slots" within both wheels
- Improved aerodynamics (fully integrated brakes)
- Airless tires (solid polymer, last +6,000 mi)
- Integrated mud guards
Internal E-Gear Box & Encapsulated Drive Train
- Super fast shifts in < 0.2 seconds - Up & Downshifts under load and while standing still - E-Gear Box model with full electronic shifting (like a mouse click) Integrated Smart Lights & Li-Ion Battery All lights of the Cyclotron Bike are toggled by the Automatic Light Sensor, that switches them on/off according to the current daylight situation. This tremendously enhances your visibility when riding in traffic or on roads with no public street lighting. The Cyclotron - World's most advanced Lighting concept The Cyclotron - World's most advanced Lighting concept The Self charging Li-Ion Battery Pack powers the Cyclotrons lights for more than 8 hours without engaging the internal dynamo. The Cyclo-App notifies you when battery is low, so you'll never run out of power. The Battery is located inside the seatpost and can easily be removed for additional charging with the optional Cyclo-Charger at any wall socket. Powerful Cyclotron App & Sensors - Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) Sensors - Real-time cycling data for every ride - In-App Navigation - Track & Train with Cyclo-Coach (*) - Autonomous accident & emergency reporting service (**) - Theft Prevention & GPS Bike Finder (**) When the Sensors encounter signs of an emergency or accident, the Cyclotron App autonomously sends an emergency notification to get you help. When the Sensors encounter signs of an emergency or accident, the Cyclotron App autonomously sends an emergency notification to get you help. ( * = free 1 year subscription with every cyclotron // later regular price: 10€/month, 25€/3months, 80€/year) ( ** = optional service: 3€/month, 8€/3months, 25€/year) The Mission - World's most advanced and versatile Smart Bike The Cyclotron Bike is it's own small universe, where technology and creative minded people can form a unique experience for every rider. It's an open source Smart Bike Platform, that everybody can connect and contribute to, to improve the Cyclotron Universe with each day. In order to create the foundation for the "Cyclo-Verse" we had to overcome the boundaries of conventional bikes and tear down some walls. This is were we started our work more than 3 years ago. We quickly noticed that the possibilities for improvement were quite limited, when sticking with the "regular" bicycle platform. We questioned every aspect of the "Motion on two wheels" and investigated the latest high-tech materials and production methods from many other kinds of vehicles, by sea, land & air. Materials and production methods have rapidly evolved within the last decade. Whenever speed & performance is an relevant issue, we always encountered the extensive use of carbon fiber in these constructions. The Frame - Space Grade Carbon Fiber Monocoque Construction The Cyclotron Bike is made of Space Grade Carbon Fiber Composite, wich makes it rigid, stiff & ultra lightweight at the same time. Cyclotron Bike models weight comparison (without pedals) Cyclotron Bike models weight comparison (without pedals) While sorting out the optimal production process for the Cyclotron Monocoque Frame, we did a lot of testing on material properties and identified that we could achieve the stiffest most lightweight and durable construction with a "Carbon Fiber Sandwich". To achieve a true Space Grade Composite Construction we combined two layers of carbon fiber with an ultra lightweight core structure. This way we can use fewer layers of carbon fiber and less resin, without impairing stability. Full Carbon Fiber Composite Frame (Prototype - NOT final surface finish) Full Carbon Fiber Composite Frame (Prototype - NOT final surface finish) Advanced aerodynamic frame shape But we didn't stop with a light construction. To minimize air resistance, drag & turbulences, we use aerodynamic wing-shaped tube profiles. They literally "slice" through the air like a knife, when you go fast. Ultralight Carbon Fiber Aero Frame Design Ultralight Carbon Fiber Aero Frame Design The tube shapes of the Cyclotron frame are a combination of Ultralight Glider Planes with the edgy lines of Stealth Jets. Paired with the advanced carbon fiber frame construction, the Cyclotron is lightyears ahead of any conventional bicycle available today. Frame Sizes The Cyclotron is available in three different frame sizes: S, M, L for you to chose from. When you're right in between two sizes, you can choose weather you like a more agile or comfort oriented bike, by chosing the smaller or larger frame size. Fully Integrated - No Cables, No Wires, No External Components The Cyclotron is the world's first fully integrated bike. Yes, many other manufacturers claim their bicycles also to be fully integrated, but they can't manage to integrate the drivetrain components, like the chain and derailleur into the frame. With the groundbreaking construction of the Cyclotron we managed to integrate literally everything. All wires and cables run inside the frame, which also results in tremendous enhanced aerodynamics, no more dirt exposure and a clean and uncluttered overall look. NO brake cables, No shifting cables, No light cables. World's first truly "Fully Integrated Design" World's first truly "Fully Integrated Design" We even managed to integrate the modified caliper brakes to be completely concealed within the hubless wheel housing, but still being accessible for ease of maintenance. One Bike - Two Riding Styles The Cyclotron Bike features two different riding styles. SPORT - A very streamlined and low-profile one for optimal speed and performance. COMFORT - A more relaxed and upright one for cruising and better comfort. Mock-up: Two riding modes of the cyclotron Mock-up: Two riding modes of the cyclotron This gives you the choice of two different bicycles to pick from at any time. Just two small adjustments change the entire seating geometry of your Cyclotron bike. Just flip the bars and lower the seating height! It's really that easy. THE USM's - Utility Slot Modules One of the big advantages of the Cyclotron's hubless wheels is the usable space that they offer. Instead of having just "swirled air" between your wheels, you can add different USM's (Utility Slot Modules) to your bike. The USM's are tool-less attached to the inside of your front or back wheel within seconds. The "?" marked USM's will be unlocked with the Stretch Goals The "?" marked USM's will be unlocked with the Stretch Goals The Utility Modules can securely be locked inside the hubless wheel, when not needed, you can easily store them away, so you're not riding around with some unnecessary weight on your Cyclotron. From the launch you can choose from four USM's. Within our Stretch Goals three more modules can be unlocked. You can order multiple modules together with your Cyclotron Bike by simply adding the amount to your pledge. These USM's (Utility Slot Modules) are available for the Kickstarter launch: The Polygon Basket - The simplest way to add stowage (+ 49 €) The polygon basket is made from composite fiber and is both: lightweight and durable. The dimensions are perfectly balanced, so you'll have a maximum space for stowage without getting too heavy when fully loaded. The Polygon Basket - Versatile stowage basket for your Cyclotron. The Polygon Basket - Versatile stowage basket for your Cyclotron. Within one Polygon Basket you'll get enough space so stow two large grocery bags or two 6-packs of water. If you mount them in both wheels it equals 24(!) bottles of water, and you still have some space left in between. Actual prototype of Polygon Basket on back wheel Actual prototype of Polygon Basket on back wheel The Butterfly Basket - The most elegant stowage that can fold away (+ 89 €) Like the Polygon basket the Butterfly Basket is also light and durable. The amazing feature is, that it can be completely folded away, to a slim disk of just 2cm thickness when not needed. Folding mechanism of the Butterfly Basket Folding mechanism of the Butterfly Basket Please Note: The front and back end of the Butterfly basket will be closed by a flexible mesh, that doesn't interfere with the folding mechanism and keeps your belongings inside the basket. The Wingman - Innovative child seat system (+ 399 €) The Wingman is a groundbreaking child seat system that is fixed to the back wheel of the Cyclotron. You can choose weather you like to mount it on the left, the right or even on both sides of the Bike. The Cyclotron with Wingman child seat The Cyclotron with Wingman child seat When your children are still too young to pedal for themselves, it has always been a problem taking them with you for a ride. As most of the Cyclotron team has kids, they encounter this problem, too. Just some of the disadvantages when using a trailer, or seat mounted on the back carrier of your bicycle. Just some of the disadvantages when using a trailer, or seat mounted on the back carrier of your bicycle. The "easy-to-attach-quickly-removed" solutions are often insecure & sketchy and don't give you the confidence of having your child safely secured. On the other hand, safe and properly attached seats require a lot of time to mount and can't be removed easily when not needed. In most cases they're also quite heavy, bulky and hard to stow away when space is limited. You can mount the Wingman seat on both sides of the Cyclotron You can mount the Wingman seat on both sides of the Cyclotron The Wingman Seat will come with independent safety test certificate, comparable to European "GS" and "TÜV", to ensure it meets the highest safety standards. Ride with your kids: Safely secured, within sight & reach at any time. Ride with your kids: Safely secured, within sight & reach at any time. The seat is adjustable so it can fit your child from the age of 2-8 years. Underneath the seat there is a large additional stowage space, that compensates for not being able to put any Basket USM inside the back wheel, while having the Wingman attached to your Bike. There there are many more modules to come after we shipped your Kickstarter orders. We've already gathered tons of ideas for a lot of cool & practical USM's, and we hope that also the Cyclotron Community will come up with amazing ideas themselves. The USM Maker Store - Create your groundbreaking Utility Modules The USM Maker Store is a place where you let your ideas for revolutionary USM's come true. Everything is possible, from 3D printed wind power generators to salmon leather messenger bags. You decide wheather to manufacture & ship by yourself, or hand the business to us. We believe, that riders know best what riders need. So we'd like to encourage the whole community to develop their own "Utility Slot Modules" to make the Cyclotron Bike a continuously evolving organism that perfectly adapts to your lifestyle. If you have a truly great, but yet unfinished concept of your USM, you also could team up with other makers to finish the remaining work together. These small groups can sell their USM's as a "Maker-Group" and share the earnings. This is another way, to get your idea in front of the community, too. The Decals - Individual Vinyl Art Pieces for your Cyclotron Bike We believe the Cyclotron not just to be a technical revolution of gears and bolts, but also a platform for visual art & creativity. (Decal Sets starting at 49€) The Decals for your Cyclotron Bike are printed on ultra durable outdoor vinyl, so they'll last for years. They're self-adhessive, very easy to apply and removable without any residues. We use the same quality of vinyl, that is used in professional car-wraping and facade advertising. We'll launch The Decal Creator Store, so everybody can create their very own and individual look for the Cyclotron. You can easily choose an existing design, or create your own throughout the online editor. Just upload your artwork and we'll print & ship your quality vinyl decals in no time. Vinyl Decals - Unlimited possibilities to individualize your Cyclotron Bike Vinyl Decals - Unlimited possibilities to individualize your Cyclotron Bike If you like to share your design with the community, you can even sell it within the Creator Store, and make other riders happy. With a few easy steps you can turn your bike into a "Rolling Art Piece" that reflects your personal style and is highly individual. The Gear Box - We unchained the Bicycle One of the biggest problems of regular bicycles we solved, is the exposed and vulnerable power transmission from the pedals to the rear wheel via a metal bike chain and gears. The oily chain and gears are mandatory "collecting" dust & dirt from the road, which reduces the efficiency of power transmission with every ride. Also the shifting components of a regular Bike, like the derailleur and transmission cables are easy prey for dirt and damage. On a regular bicycle, they have to be serviced, greased & re-adjusted frequently. We choose to equip the Cyclotron with a Sequential Gear Box, that is the latest development for bicycle power transmission available on the market today. That results in NO MORE exposed mechanical components and VERY LITTLE need for maintenance. We recommend changing gear oil only every 10.000km / 6300mi or at least once a year. You don't need to be a bike technician, there are just two screws that need to be removed. We offer the Cyclotron Bike with tree different Gear Box Setups: In this video you can see how easy shifting is with the 18-Speed electronic E-Gear Box. The shifting process is accomplished by a high precision step motor in less than 0.2 seconds. The paddle shifters operate with the ease of a simple mouse click.
Kickstarter - 12-Speed CYCLOTRON 1199€
CYCLOTRON BIKE - MANUAL 12-Speed
Save 400€ (regular retail 1599€)
- Manual 12-Speed Gearbox
- Mechanic Caliper Brakes (rear/front)
- Color: matt carbon / gloss white
MANUAL 12-Speed CYCLOTRON BIKE
ENTREGA APROXIMADA:jun. 2017 ENVÍO A:Cualquier parte del mundo
Early Bird - MANUAL 18-Speed CYCLOTRON 1399 €
CYCLOTRON BIKE - MANUAL 18-Speed
Save 600€ (regular retail 1999€)
- Manual 18-Speed Gearbox
- Mechanic Caliper Brakes (rear/front)
- Color: matt carbon / gloss white
INCLUDES MANUAL 18-Speed CYCLOTRON BIKE
ENTREGA APROXIMADA: jun. 2017 ENVÍO A:Cualquier parte del mundo
Kickstarter - E-GEAR 18-Speed CYCLOTRON 2699€
CYCLOTRON BIKE - E-GEAR 18-Speed Electronic Gearbox
Save 300€ (regular 2999€)
- E-GEAR Electronic 18-Speed Gearbox
- Hydraulic Halo Brakes (rear/front)
- Color: matt carbon / gloss white
E-GEAR 18-Speed CYCLOTRON BIKE
ENTREGA APROXIMADA: jun. 2017 ENVÍO A:Cualquier parte del mundo