martes, diciembre 28, 2010

himno ,brooke fraser








"Hymn"
If to distant lands I scatter
If I sail to farthest seas
Would you find and firm and gather 'til I only dwell in Thee?
If I flee from greenest pastures
Would you leave to look for me?
Forfeit glory to come after
'Til I only dwell in Thee

[INSTRUMENTAL]

If my heart has one ambition
If my soul one goal to seek
This my solitary vision 'til I only dwell in Thee
That I only dwell in Thee
'Til I only dwell in Thee





"Shadowfeet"
Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet
towards home, a land that i've never seen
I am changing; less and less asleep
made of different stuff than when i began
And I've sensed it all along
fast approaching is the day

[CHORUS:]
when the world has fallen out from under me
I'll be found in you, still standing
When the sky rolls up and the mountains fall on their knees
when time and space are through
I'll be found in you

There's distraction buzzing in my head
saying in the shadows it's easier to stay
but I've heard rumours of true reality
whispers of a well-lit way

[CHORUS]

You make all things new

[CHORUS]

[CHORUS 2:]
When the world has fallen out from under me
I'll be found in you, still standing
Every fear and accusation under my feet
when time and space are through
I'll be found in you





Brooke Fraser translated her pensive, Christian-themed folk-pop into massive commercial success, emerging as one of the best-selling New Zealand singer/songwriters in history via her 2003 debut LP, What to Do with Daylight.

The daughter of Bernie Fraser, a onetime star with the New Zealand All Black rugby squad, she was born in Wellington on December 15, 1983, and studied piano from the ages of seven to 17. At 12, Fraser composed her first original song, and a few years later she taught herself guitar. Following a breakout performance at the Christian music festival Parachute in 2000, Fraser relocated to Auckland, signed a management deal with producer Matty J, and inked a multi-album deal with Sony.

What to Do with Daylight followed in late 2003, debuting a top the Kiwi pop charts and ultimately going platinum seven times over. Fraser traveled to Los Angeles to record the follow-up, Albertine, which also debuted at number one when it was released in December 2006. Although not as meteorically successful as What to Do with Daylight, Albertine went multi-platinum in Fraser´s homeland and also charted well internationally, reaching gold status in Australia and cracking the Top 100 in America. Flags followed in 2010, marking Fraser´s first album as a new L.A. resident and earning her first number one single with the peppy Something in the Water. ~ Jason Ankeny, Rovi

htp://www.brookefraser.com

No hay comentarios: